UoB Biology & Biochemistry second/final year module option reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
UOB

Very useful module to take!  Empty Very useful module to take!

Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:04 pm
I enjoyed this module. I found it very similar to Cell Biology in year 1, and a lot of the content covered in Dynamic Cell is built on that covered in the first year.
The module is 100% exam based, with an MCQ and an essay, there were also a lot of essays to choose from. The lecturers state you don't need extra reading, however i'd advise to show at least some extra reading if you want a first class mark.
Overall, a really interesting and enjoyable module. The series of lectures on the cell cycle from Jo Stewart-Cox in my opinion were the most challenging as they were very content heavy and required a greater deal of understanding, but still very interesting and i really enjoyed her style of lecturing.
Perhaps most importantly - this module corresponds really well with a lot of other modules! So it's very useful to have. For example, a large amount of this module will also be covered in both the DNA (making breaking and disease) and the Infection and Immunity modules. I would definitely recommend taking it.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum