UoB Biology & Biochemistry second/final year module option reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Student9

Think very carefully about this one Empty Think very carefully about this one

Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:06 pm
The term "regenerative medicine" sucks you in to this unit. Everyone loves regenerative medicine. It is a really cool topic.

However, the unit is quite heavy on the stem cell biology and development side of things. I personally (and many of my friends) find this area very complex and hard to understand. It is a complex, VERY content heavy unit, on top of the extra reading that is required to get a first class mark... it is hard work.

The lecturers for this unit were very good though. Prompt email replies and well delivered lectures, a pity the topic is so confusing!

If the lecture content wasn't enough, there is a News and Views article required as coursework worth 20% (80% exam). I found this okay but support and guidance for it was minimal. It's the sort of thing where you've just got to try your best and not be too disappointed if you get a bad grade, you can learn from it.

Overall, VERY content heavy, VERY complex unit but is well taught. If you love stem cells, it's worth it. If you don't, it's not worth it.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum