UoB Biology & Biochemistry second/final year module option reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Student9

Really interesting unit! Empty Really interesting unit!

Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:00 pm
I'm not a lover of neuroscience but I thought this unit was great! It's more psychology than neuroscience in my opinion, with lots of rodent models and science to back-up the claims.

There are only 12 lectures in total (but they are BIG lectures, don't be fooled) on 4 topics. There are 4 questions in the exam, one on each topic. Therefore, even the unit leader recommended only revising 3 of the topics, so you only have to revise for 9 lectures in the end... result!

However, extra reading is a BIG part of this unit. You need to do a lot to get a good grade. However, the extra reading is well guided with reading lists that you don't have to read comprehensively so it is quite manageable.

I'd recommend the unit for the following reasons:
Fewer lectures than other units and easy to cut a topic out for the exam.
Guided extra reading.
Interesting topics (depression, addiction, schizophrenia, neurodevelopmental/ neurodegenerative disorders, animal models) that cover a broad range of disciplines (psychology to neuropharmacology) based on real data.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum