UoB Biology & Biochemistry second/final year module option reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
fewf

This is great Empty This is great

Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:56 pm
I love this module. I did the entrepreneurial biotechnology module in semester one which, in comparison, is a steaming pile of shit, so I was quite excited to see how this module from the management school would stack up.

It's so much better. The module is split into 11 lectures, each on a specific facet of strategy e.g. corporate strategy, international strategy, breakout, competitive positioning. The lectures are two hours long, which can be tiring, but are 110% worth it. The lecturers - Mairi Maclean and Charles Harvey - are both pre-eminent business strategy academics and just love giving this course. You can really tell how much they enjoy teaching you and it really does make the whole thing so much better. Looking at you B&B.

The course is 100% exam, but there is a case study element. The case study is provided before the Easter holidays so you can familiarise yourself with it before the exam. The exam is then two questions - one on the case study and one on one of the lecture topics.

The reason it's so much better than BB40078 is because they actually know what they're talking about. All of the theory which never really gets addressed in the biotech course is laid out clearly and well-explained in this course. Obviously there is no project element which is different, and that is valuable, but if you're thinking about choosing between the two, do this one.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum