UoB Biology & Biochemistry second/final year module option reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Sensory & Signalling in Plants Empty Sensory & Signalling in Plants

Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:04 am
This is a really good module if you are interested in plants and intend to take other plant based modules, as it gives you a good basis of the various mechanisms. It follows on nicely from the Year 2 Plant Physiology & Biochemistry module as it goes over a lot of the same material just in a little more detail so it doesn't involve learning a great deal of new information. It isn't the most exciting module but it is nicely structured and I found that having a traditionally taught unit where you attend lectures and then do some extra reading and are examined on lecture content gave me good structure and motivated me to attend campus, as I was doing a non-lab based project alongside it. It also provides a really good basis if you are planning on doing the Plant Abiotic Stress module in Semester 2 as the content is very similar which makes it easier to prepare for the Abiotic Stress Unit's seminars.