UoB Biology & Biochemistry second/final year module option reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Anons

Neurobiology Empty Neurobiology

Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:09 pm
Really liked this unit. It’s split firmly and equally into systems (Wonnacott) and developmental (Kelsh) so it’s possible you’ll like one half but not the other since there’s minimal overlap. Personally I found some of the systems stuff tricky to get my head around but I know other people found it the opposite way. Both lecturers are great and really helpful and they provide lots of extra resources. They say textbook reading is essential (like every unit for some reason) but do not be fooled. Most of it is in the lecture unless they explicitly say otherwise. Really interesting content as well and development overlaps a bit with stuff you learned in second year though they don’t expect you to remember it. News and Views coursework can be disconcerting as I don’t think most people have done one before but it turns out it’s just a really short regular essay so you can finish it quickly, especially as it’s not worth much. Again, examples are provided.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum