UoB Biology & Biochemistry second/final year module option reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Biochem999

Tricky decision but take reviews lightly  Empty Tricky decision but take reviews lightly

Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:19 pm
This module has its pros and cons:

pros:
- All the lectures are approachable and helpful. They clearly enjoy their subject which makes you more engaged.
- The content is very interesting.
- 20% courswork
- generally follows the Gilberts textbook, so good source of info to revise from

Cons:
- I understand what previous year students have said about the structure of the module. Some concepts are gone over twice by different lectures and doesn't go in order you would expect. So once the module is finished, you kinda need to piece it together yourself
- Moodle page is very disorganised
- exam is tough, 4 essays

Overall, I was cautious about taking the module. But because things were online, I didn't hesitate as I knew I would enjoy the content. But I know I may of struggled if in person. However I got a first so I proved it can be done, its just there wasn't the stress of memorising it all and piecing all together in an exam setting.

However, if you enjoy vertebrate development and embryology, I would go for it. Don't be put off by the reviews because its always going to be a tough module, development is complicated.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum